Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

My parents were able to come in town for Memorial Day weekend and what a great weekend it was. It was so great to see them and of course they soaked up as much Emma and Jimmy time as possible. And the kiddos loved all the attention. Nana even took Emma shopping one day by herself and that made Emma feel so special. They even picked out some pretty flowers to go on the deck for me! As usual there was no shortage or projects around the house that needed to be done. The biggest one being to replace the deck railings since we had noticed there were several spindles that were rotted. I had said from the time Jimmy was born that I wanted this to be done before he started crawling and BOY am I glad that we did it now. We had no idea exactly how rotted they were until Emma took a whack at one with the hammer and she was able to knock it off!!! Her she is getting ready to take a whack! Jimmy being fed lunch outside with Nana and Emma. Apparently Emma thought it was too sunny for them so she brought an umbrella out for them to sit under. Dad and Jay working on the railing...I picked out a different style of spindle so it was a little more work than if we had replaced them exactly how they were done before.
My almost finished new deck railings!!! BOY do they look MUCH better than those old ones!

No comments: