Monday, October 22, 2007

WE MADE IT!

Well we have finally made it up to Ohio. Got here yesterday evening after driving from Peachtree City for 9 hours. We really can't complain too much as Emma did very well...thanks God for portable DVD players. Looking back I have no idea how my sister, brother and I did not drive our parents crazy all those years we lived in Maine and upstate New York and drove all the way down to South Carolina twice a year. They must have had the patience of saints!!
We are no officially living in Ohio while Jay attends the Academy at Quantico, VA. He will be leaving on Saturday sometime to drive over from here.
Funny Emma story....for thos of you that have met her you know that we have plenty of them! So.....Jay and Emma and driving in the Xterrra while I am driving Jay's truck (long story short...I don't drive when pulling trailors). Basically we have been driving all day long and we cross the river into Ohio and traffic pretty much stops. Jay is trying to make small talk with Emma to keep her occupied...after all she has been sitting nicely in her seat for 9 hours..one can only take so much. When they see a truck pulling a boat. Conversation goes like this:
Emma: Daddy I see a boat!
Jay: Yeah...that's a nice boat isn't it?
Emma: Uncle Eddie has a boat and he lets me ride in it at the lake.....do you think that man would let me ride in his boat??
Jay: I don't know.
Emma: Maybe I should ask him?
Jay: That would probably be nice.
Emma: (Pretending to talk to the man with the boat) Can I ride in your boat??
She then pauses for a few seconds ad if waiting for an answer.......then says: Nope.
Jay: So what did he say?
Emma: Didn't you hear?? He said Nope! I guess I have to just ride Uncle Eddies next week.
Next week is always Emma's answer for when she wants to do something in case you don't know that. It amazes me how vivid her imagination is at just 3 years old!!!!
Well time to do some more unpacking. This has been move #3 in less than 2 years for those of you counting!
Will keep you updated with our latest as things develop on our end! Will put new pictures up as soon as I find the camera amongst all the boxes....sorry I have not answered my phone either...charger is packed somewhere in the abyss too!

No comments: