Saturday, February 23, 2008

It SNOWED....and ICED!!!

HEY YA'LL!!!
Well it has been a long time since my last post. Things have been very busy since New Year's. January began with a visit from Jay over MLK weekend and Emma and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Jay minus the 8 hour drive on our part. He flew int Columbus Friday evening and flew back to VA on Monday evening. This time apart has not been too bad...we get to all see each other about ever 2 weeks or so. Emma and I drove over to see him the 1st weekend in February and enjoyed spending time in Perryville with Jay's cousin Jenny and family. Emma loves going there since they have 2 boys for her to play with not to mention the abundance of toys there as well!
This past weekend Jay and I took a trip to Minneapolis to do some house hunting. I began looking Friday afternoon and saw a total of 14 houses that afternoon before Jay arrived that evening. On Saturday we saw 16 houses....and about the same again on Sunday. Monday we had it narrowed down to 3 houses so we went back to all of those for a second look. We put an offer in on a house Monday evening before we both flew out and went our seperate ways. I learned the hard way NEVER to fly thru Chicago. I was supposed to get home at 11:30pm on Monday and ended up getting stuck in Chicago for the evening b/c of weather and didn't get home till noon on Tuesday. The best part was that they boarded us on the plane Tuesday morning at 7:30am. We sat on the plane for 45 minutes at the gate before they finally told us we had a "maintenance issue" that they will have to fix before we can leave. On top of that the plane was freezing cold and it was 3 degrees outside!!! Come to find out some little probby thing was broken and not working...something to do with being able to fly in icy conditions?? So since it was broken we had no heat...then they had to turn the water off in order to fix it so we were not allowed to go potty or wash our hands. An hour and a half later they finally gave us the option to get off the plane and wait in the terminal!! Nice since we had to heat on the plane!! I got off the plane and immediatley started trying to find another way back to Ohio. The maintenance guy said it would take and hour to fix the prob once they locate a replacement one!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!????? So ultimately I was able to get on a flight to Cincinnati instead of Columbus...but my bag went to Columbus.....it finally showed up at my parents house LATE Tuesday evening. FINALLY I could take my contacts out after having them in for 42 hours!!!!
SO.....Thursday it snowed it here and I would have had to bolt Emma down in order not to take her outside to play in it!!! Here are some pictures of Emma and I. Emma made snow angels all over the front yard. The snow was coming down so fast that she couldn't keep her eyes open when she layed down!! Enjoy the pics!

***********Making a Snowball! ****************Catching Snowflakes on our tongue!****


Making Snow Angels!


**********Emma, Brody & Mommy ********************* Emma & Mommy***********

No comments: