Thursday, April 30, 2009

17 Weeks Old TODAY!!!

Jimmy is 4 months old today and had his 4 month check-up this morning with his pediatrician, Dr. Nicholson. She is pleased with his developement so far and says that he is a very happy baby. He weighed in at 10lbs. 2 oz and was 23 1/4 inches long. She was a little concerned about his weight gain (only a pound since his 2 month checkup), so she suggested that we start giving him rice cereal twice a day now. Round one of cereal will be tonite so we shall see how he likes it! I am sure we will have some funny pictures. Jimmy also got 4 shots and a Rotovirus vaccine (which is a REALLY sweet oral dose).
So lets back up a week....last Tuesday Jimmy had his first trip to the ER. He was laying on the floor playing and watching a little TV...Emma was on the couch playing her Leapster....swinging her legs and kicking the TV tray that was set up in front of her to color, etc. on. Well when she kicked it the legs collapsed together and the heavy wood tray fell right on top of Jimmy's little noggin. I was on the recliner and it was like watching a train wreck happen....I couldn't move fast enough to stop the tray. He immediately screamed and Emma began crying! Goose egg pretty much immediately on the side of his head. Luckily he was looking to the side at the TV...otherwise it would have smashed his face! So the neighbor came and got Emma and kept her while Jay and I were are the ER with Jimmy. The Dr. ordered a CT scan simply because it was pretty swollen and had a big red mark. Thankfully everything turned out OK but what a scare! Just stinks that it took something like this for Emma to realize that she needs to be more careful around her baby brother!
As you can probably tell from the picture our little man is the spittin' image of his Daddy! Emma is still the proud big sister too! In fact this morning when I took her to school I brought Jimmy in and her teacher, Mrs. Hartley, watched him while I got Emma's carseat out so that she could go home with a friend. When I came back in to her classroom she was down on the floor by his carseat proudly showing him off to some of her little girlfriends at school! Then she had to smother him in kisses before we walked out the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like what happened to AJ at 2 months... people say goose eggs on heads are better then dents but ohhh the horror! Glad he pulled through!