Saturday, August 1, 2009

2 days with The Lodens!

Emma and I were SO excited that the Lodens were coming into town. She and I had both been waiting for this day for almost 2 months now. Emma is absolutely convinced that Sophia is her cousin...maybe because we see them so much?? I have no idea. Regardless it is very cute to see them playing together. Who would have thought that 15 years ago while Kara and I were roommates at Auburn that our children would be playing together. We've come a LONG way since those days! Kara, Jonathan, Sophia and Jack were going to be in town for a family wedding on Saturday so they came a few days early to hang out with us! Thursday we started out by going to the American Girl store that morning so that the girls could get things for the dolls to wear at lunch the next day. They were like 2 little kids in a candy store...I think Emma wants 1 of everything in there. We decided that Emma was going to start having to earn herself money to but things from now on instead of just buying things for her. So the quest began a month ago and she did fantastic! I made up a list of various chores to do around the house and things she could do to help me out around the house as well. Each chore had a different value. She made a little over $20 in 5 weeks....but since she did so well I put some money with it and she was able to buy her doll this new outfit.
After picking out dolls/outifts we headed to the outlets in Albertville for the afternoon. (no pics from the outlets...nothing excting to see there)
Eating lunch at the American Girl Bistro with their dolls.
Kara, Sophia, Emma & I. (That's Nickelodeon Universe in the background)
Kara & Sophia
Emma & I
The Minnesota Twins game. The played the Angels. We had a lot of fun going to the game with not only the Lodens but also the Magathans (Kara's sister Kim's family). It was so cute to watch ALL the girls (Emma, Sophia, Kate & Kiersten) all playing together and just plain having a good time! I think Michael was able to get some great pics of the 4 girls all together so I am hoping to get my hands on those to post as well later.
Cotton Candy hands!
Jimmy's first Twins game. He was such a little trooper since the game didn't start until 7pm and then went into extra innings....it was after 11pm when we were finally home and putting the kids to bed.
Emma, Jack & Kara.Jack & KaraEmma & Sophia being sillyThanks Kim, Michael, Kate & Kiersten for the Twins bear!!! Emma insisted on sleeping with it last night!

1 comment:

Shana said...

So fun! Sounds like my college roomie and I. And my girls and her 3 kids were all born within weeks of each other! It's fun to look back at where we started 12 years ago.

We are going to take the girls to the AG store in Atlanta as their Christmas present this year. So excited about it! They are gonna be so surprised!

Love the pics of the campout. We're gonna be making a trip to Mt. Rushmore next spring...it will be our first time camping! We are looking foward to it!

Hope you have a great week!