Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Official......I am Nesting!!

Well....it's official....I am starting to nest (as my friend Carolynn says). I have all the sudden caught the crafty bug. After looking online for cute matching burp clothes and bibs for our new baby boy I just couldn't bring myself to pay the prices some of these other crafty Moms were asking for their handy work. So I decided I would try my hand at it and look what I came up with!!!!
Needless to say I am quite proud!! I downloaded a free pattern for the bib off the Internet and VOILA look what happened!! It is cotton on one side and terry clothe on the other and will have a snap closure once I go get some. The burp clothe was made with a premium pre-fold clothe diaper and the same cotton fabric from the bib....trimmed in baby white ric rac on the sides for a finishing touch! I couldn't believe how cute these turned out and Jay even likes them...of course I think he was hoping for some lacrosse fabric but I couldn't find any. My next project is a flannel/minky blanket.....I have discovered all kinds of cool things my sewing machine can do! Now if I could just convince Jay to let me get an embroidery machine I would be set to start my own little home business!!
A crafting I must go!!

4 comments:

Lori Beth said...

Yeah..great job Meagan, they look awesome!! I promise if/when I figure out the trip to the blanket binding I willshare it with you. I have a friend about 1 1/2 hrs south of my who says she'll teach me if I bring down Kelsey and my machine. Just have to find the time...

Tammy and Jimmy Dugger said...

very cute! I got tired of paying crazy prices too. :) Have fun and I can't wait to see the cute stuff you make. BTW...thanks SO much for the HUGE box of goodies. :)

Mudd Party of Five said...

You just get crafty all the time, how about something in wildcat blue,if you can't find any material I could send you some :)

Anonymous said...

Watch out ETSY, here comes Meagan!! Great job!