
So this weekend Jay and I joined the ranks of those parents that took their kids to see the latest Disney movie on opening weekend! The mini van toting Moms were out in droves! We even saw one mom there that was brave enough to bring what had to be 10-12 little girls!! Brave I tell ya! Not to mention all the little girls dressed in the "Wildcat" gear and sporting Zac Efron shirts!!
It was actually not too much torture as I (don't know about Jay) rather enjoyed the movie! Emma had a great time boogieing in her seat, laughing and all the while chowing down on some popcorn. We decided to forgo lunch since we knew she would be begging for some popcorn. Last time we did the movies with her we made her eat lunch first...then she overindulged in the popcorn and got a stomach ache later! Lesson learned.....skip lunch.....go straight to the nutritious lunch of popcorn and cherry Coke!
Emma was really hoping her friend Sophia could come to the movie with us....funny thing is that Sophia lives in St, Louis. A little too far to travel for a movie. So I told her that Sophia's Mommy was taking her to see High School Musical near her house. Then Emma piped in quickly: "How can she go see it at her house when it is at the movie theatre here?" Needless to say she doesn't seem to understand that things are going on elsewhere in the world at the same time as here!
So that was Saturday....Sunday was our first introduction to the cold Minnesota fall/winter. It was 35 degrees when we got up that morning and against what I would consider the laws of nature....the temperature got colder as the day progressed. We hit our high temp at 9am! Then as I am checking my email I hear Emma exclaim "YAY!! It's winter!!!" WHAT????? Then I look outside a low and behold we have snow flurries!! WHAT???? Is it not October the last I checked?? I knew that we would get snow earlier than we were used to......like around Thanksgiving....but COME ON!!! It's not even Halloween yet!!! So....we stayed inside all day! The snow was the VERY wet kind that melted as soon as it hit the ground....a wet mess! We spent the day snuggled up inside with the few breaks to get up and let Brody out to do his thing...but then we would have to wipe his paws since wet snow makes mud and the bottom of our steps! Even Brody is adjusting to this weather. He goes out....does his thing....then comes inside an runs around like an idiot trying to get warm again! Guess I will have to pull that fleece jacket that I bought him when we lived in Augusta ( I couldn't resist...it was too cute)!
WELCOME WINTER!!! UGH!!!
*Title and latest blog song for my friend Carolynn!!!







1 comment:
I still haven't seen the first one... I am out of the loop here, aren't I!
And I wanted to tell you, I love your blog look-- very pretty.
Post a Comment