****DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH****
So....it has taken me 2 days to recover from the events of Sunday evening! Let me just begin by saying that we will be lucky if Little Bunny Foo Foo, Peter Cottontail or even the Easter Bunny visit our house ever again!!
Sunday night we let Brody out to do his business before heading off to bed....time...10:30pm. In the meantime Jay and I straightened up the days happenings in the house. However, I had fallen completely asleep on the couch so Jay was doing this task. Usually by the time we are done cleaning up Brody is at the back door begging to be let back in so that he can get all comfy again on his bed. Well.....this time he was not at the door when we were done. Jay goes out to call Brody and offer him a treat to come in.....no response. Nor is Brody anywhere to be seen. Jay comes in and wakes me up saying that he may have to go out in the neighborhood to find Brody as the gate may have blown open. I get up and go out on the back deck....gate still securely shut. I should tell you that there is not much light out there since all we have is the one single bulb against the house by the back door. I have been asking Jay to out in motion detector lights lower down so that it is easier to see Brody and any of the other little critters that grace our yard...bunnies....ducks, etc. So we get a flashlight standing up on the deck and proceed to shine it around the yard looking for the dog. Keep in mind that it is also 46 degrees and the wind is blowing. BURR!!! When we here a nice crunching noise coming from the side of the back yard. I shine the flashlight over and we see Brody hunched over by the fence....I immediately thing...oh no he is stuck in the fence somehow. Jay goes down to get him and comes upon the CARNAGE!!! UGH!! Brody had caught his first critter! Now I thought Weimaraners were supposed to be great hunting dogs! Brody has brought us a bird before but has always had a really gentle mouth...never chewed anything up much less ATE a living creature! What a lousy hunting dog he would be as he ATE what he caught! I did not see the actual seen but Jay said all that was left were its back feet.....I KNOW!!! POOR BUNNY FOO FOO!!! All I could think was I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Emma was not awake to witness this!
So after cleaning up the carnage...wiping down Brody (aka Kujo) we attempted to go to bed. I had much trouble sleeping as I could not get images out f my head as well as this kid in me did not want to cooperate and hold still, top flipping around and kicking me so that I could sleep. I had this horrible feeling that Brody was going to get sick all over the laundry room and we (meaning Jay) was going to have clean all that up!
Yesterday, Monday, morning I took Brody up to the vet just to be sure he was going to be OK. Don't want any small bones lodged in his belly or worse the bunny had some kind of disease or rabies! He is now on antibiotics just in case the bunny was sick and I am now his short order cook for the next week as he has to be on a bland diet and I couldn't see spending the fortune of prescription dog food. Now he has hamburger and rice 2 times a day for the next week! We ended up eating late list night b/c I had to cook Brody's dinner!! What the heck!?
After our trip to the vet I decided that he REALLY needed a bath since he had blood all over his face, feet and belly. The groomer was asking me all kinds of questions when I brought him in like: Does he have sensitive gums that bleed a lot?? Did we recently cut one of his toenails too short??? I had no idea what she was getting at until I looked down at my sweet Brody and realized that I had not mentioned the fiasco with the bunny to her.....she must have thought we had an animal sacrifice ceremony at our house or something from the way Brody looked and was probably thankful that Brody made it out alive!!!
Well it is now Tuesday and Brody is still doing well......the rain has washed away the last of the bunny from the yard (fur in the fence) and Brody is recovering from a horrible belly ache. He has spent the past 2 days hanging out on his bed looking pitiful but is slowly getting back to his normal self! HA!
Well it is now Tuesday and Brody is still doing well......the rain has washed away the last of the bunny from the yard (fur in the fence) and Brody is recovering from a horrible belly ache. He has spent the past 2 days hanging out on his bed looking pitiful but is slowly getting back to his normal self! HA!
On a lighter note....we go for our 24 week appointment on Monday and can hardly wait to see our baby again!! More to be posted after that appointment. We are taking Emma to an apple orchard/pumpkin farm this coming weekend so hopefully we will have some great pics of her to post as well.
David.....make sure Korina never lets Bun Bun out while Brody is in town!! Jay really wanted to call you that night but it was after midnight by the time we were able to sit down again!








1 comment:
Kujo! Makes me laugh out loud every time. Who woulda thought sweet innocent poptart stealing Brody??
Also, in a few months you will think 46 was a heat wave, LOL! :o)
Post a Comment