Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dinner @ The American Girl Bistro

With time winding down till Baby Jimmy arrives (hopefully soon) we have been trying to do some special things with Emma. Santa arranged for the 3 of us +Crystal (her baby) to eat dinner at the American Girl Bistro at the Mall of America. Emma has been driving us crazy waiting for the day to get here. Keep in mind that the American Girl store just opened here right before Thanksgiving and I made our reservation the week after Halloween. The earliest we could get in was the 29th of December. So it has been a much anticipated event for Jay and I and even more so for Emma once she found out Christmas morning!Waiting patiently for Daddy to get home from work so that we can head out to dinner. Emma insisted on getting dresses right after she woke up from her nap at 4:30 so she had to sit around for almost an hour waiting. She sat pretty still because she was worried that she would mess up either her's or Crystal's hair! :) Emma wanted to wear her hair just like Crystal so that they would "really match" according to Emma. Her hair is getting SOOOOO long. Even in pigtails it reaches the middle of her back!Making sure Crystal is comfortable in her high chair at the table. It was too cute to watch Emma play Mommy with her baby!Even Crystal got her own "real drink". She had pink lemonade just like Emma!
Emma giving Crystal a sip of her lemonade. "Be sure not to drink it all at once or you will have nothing to drink with your dinner." is what she told her. I guess she really does listen when we tell her things!
Waiting for dinner to arrive! The food was actually really good and they had more than just chicken fingers and burgers. Jay did order the sirloin burger, Emma had chicken fingers and I had a Panko Crusted Chicken Breast. So they do actually have grown-up food there! There is also a dessert counter there that I saw some phenomenal looking desserts. talk about a good-looking banana split....but surprisingly I was able to control my pregnancy -induced sweet tooth and refrain from the sweets!
Emma & Daddy
Emma & Mommy (a rare picture since I am usually the one doing the picture taking!)
Overall it was a great dinner. It was so sweet to just watch Emma's face light up with each new experience. It is 2 days later and she is still talking about how she got to eat dinner with her baby. And pretty soon Emma will no longer be the baby of the family. It is hard to believe how fast she has grown up right before our eyes! Where has the time gone??

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

What a cool experience and memory for her (and you guys) I can only imagine the feeling in your heart that she won't be your baby anymore. But she is gonna be a great big sister and a big help to you!!